Saturday, August 9, 2014

BE Society August Challenge - Day 9



Click the button above to be taken to the main challenge site, to sign up, and/or to visit the other participants!


Today's Question:  

How important are clothes to you?  Describe your style, if you have one, and tell us how appearance impacts how you feel about yourself.


Clothes are not extremely important to me.  I'm a functional dresser.  If it's winter and cold, I don't worry if I have to wear paisley and loud island colors, as long as it keeps me warm.  Mostly I'm in jeans and a tee shirt.  I do know how to dress 'up' for things like church and occasions (weddings, etc).

When I hear about the latest celebrity 'in' designer purse at $3,500 a whack, I think, "Gee...I could pay the mortgage, home and car insurance, food and clothing for a family of 5 (hey, there are five people in MY family!) for a month or two on that much!  I'm not judging people who like designer clothing and accessories.  If their bills are paid and that's what they like, more power to them.  I'm just saying I come from a different mindset and different set of circumstances.

Sometimes, though, when it has been (or I know it's going to be a rough day), I will purposely dress in something bright or 'pretty' to lift my mood.  It doesn't change the situation, but it helps keep my spirits up!

So what's your 'style'?

2 comments:

  1. Are we soul sisters, LuAnn? Jeans and Tees are what I wear most of the time and I am not for designer clothes and accessories too. Can find much better use of that money! :D

    ReplyDelete