Sunday, December 28, 2014

2015 Play On Challenge


The Play On Challenge is hosted by Listra at Half-Filled Attic.  Click on the button above to go to the blog, get all the details and sign up!

~~~oOo~~~

From Half-Filled Attic:

So here are the rules:
The challenge will run for four months, beginning from January 2015.
Each month, there will be a monthly theme. 
A master post will be published shortly before the challenge begins.
Participants are expected to read and post a review each month, and post it in the upcoming Master Post.

We want to keep the theme wide enough in order to allow everybody huge options. So I'll just split plays into four categories based on the period when they were written and assign each period to each month.

January: Ancient Plays, including Greek and Roman plays
February: Renaissance Plays, including Shakespeare and his contemporaries
March: Post-Renaissance Plays, anything post Renaissance is allowed. Wilde and Shaw are very welcome
April: Freebie Plays, if you find any particular playwright interesting during the 3 months, feel free to read another of his/her plays. Or if you want to experiment with other genre or other playwright, you are in.

~~~oOo~~~

I was really happy to see this challenge, because I love plays.  I majored in Musical Theatre in college.  Well for the first year at least, at the end of which I was told I should find something else to do because I had no future in theatre.  I switched to business, but my heart wasn't in it, so I stopped going to college for 10 years.  When I went back, at a different school, I majored in Finance.  But I went to an audition and got a part (Lady Bracknell in The Importance of Being Earnest).  After that, I did about 25-30 plays over the next six years or so.  So...*pppbbbttt* to that person back in my first college experience! *LOL*

I'm leaning towards a Greek play for January.  Shakespeare is a given for me in February as Will is my favorite playwright of all time.  And I have no idea for the rest.  But that doesn't really bother me, because I'm in my element with theatre.

~~~oOo~~~

January:  (to be added)

No comments:

Post a Comment